Below are a list of six types of food that can do damage to your teeth. This is not to say you an not have them. Like with most things just do so within reason. With moderation and proper dental care you reduce the harmful effects these types of foods can have on your teeth.
1) Carbohydrates: Chips, bread, pasta, or crackers can be as harmful to the teeth as candy.
2) Sticky, chewy foods: Raisins, granola bars, jelly beans, caramel, honey and syrup stick to teeth and make it difficult to wash the sugar away
3) Sugary snacks: Cookies, cakes or other desserts contain a high amount of sugar, which can cause tooth decay.
4) Gum and candy: When chewing gum and eating candy, the sugar coats teeth, which can lead to cavities.
5) Carbonated soft drinks: Regular and diet sodas contain phosphorous and carbonation, which wears away the enamel on teeth.
6) Fruit or vegetable juices: These beverages tend to be high in sugar, which can damage tooth enamel and lead to decay.