Full Dental Implant – What are they?
As the name suggests this is an implant that will replace all the teeth you have. More invasive than a single tooth replacement this procedure will require more than one trip to the dentist.
Commonly called a full bridge it will replace all your teeth and some of the roots. Here is a simple break down of what you can minimally expect:
• At least two surgical procedures
• Surgery one: The professional will use an incision to expose the jawbone then drill holes for anchor screws for the fixtures. Four to six fixtures are needed for the lower jaw and six to eight for the upper. Now the healing process begins you will wear a temporary bridge while you heal.
• Healing for upper jaw: 6 months
• Healing for lower jaw: 3 months
• Surgery two: In this surgery, the implant must be exposed to allow for the attaching of the permanent bridge.
• You may have a waiting time while teeth are fabricated
• In subsequent visits to the dentist, your new teeth will be attached and adjusted for good aesthetics and proper bite.
This is a brief overview of the possible process and may vary due to differences in healing time from person to person etc…
Hope this helps.
|Best couple dental insurance plan for Freedom New Hampshire||4||5.0||-1.0|
|Going to Mexico to get dental work done.||3||5.0||3.0|
|Tooth extraction done left with stitches||3||5.0||-1.0|