Partial or Single Tooth Implant
If all you need is a single tooth replacement, the procedure will of course be less invasive. For one you will only need one fixture so there will be less stress on the jawbone and you. Here is the procedure:
• A hole is drilled for implant insertion.
• A titanium screw type device is placed in the above-mentioned hole.
• Healing time, the jawbone will heal and adhere to the implant.
• A device called an abutment is attached to the implant.
• A crown is placed on top of the abutment.
Dental implants are the wave of the future and people who have received them are much happier with them than traditional dentures. It is important to note hear that severe health problems may keep you from getting dental implants.
In addition to be successful, a person will need to be highly committed to oral health. Very seldom do implants fail but poor care will make it much more likely.