Treatment should be tailored to your individual needs. Depending on the cause of your BMS symptoms, possible treatments may include:
- adjusting or replacing irritating dentures
- treating existing disorders such as diabetes, Sjögren’s syndrome, or a
- thyroid problem to improve burning mouth symptoms
- recommending supplements for nutritional deficiencies
- switching medicine, where possible, if a drug you are taking is causing
- your burning mouth
- prescribing medications to
- relieve dry mouth
- treat oral candidiasis
- help control pain from nerve damage
- relieve anxiety and depression.
When no underlying cause can be found, treatment is aimed at the symptoms to try to reduce the pain associated with burning mouth syndrome..