At some point you need to do what you feel is best for you and or your family. Is fluoride toxic? Yes it is, and yes you can overdose on fluoride. That is why some people feel that until their children know better not to eat toothpaste they buy toothpaste that is all natural with no fluoride. It is also the reason that there are warning label on tooth paste. Tooth paste is not made for you to eat. In my opinion one should just be aware of just how much fluoride they are using to avoid any issues.
Keep in mind there are all kinds of every day products that you can overdose and die from. Some examples would be Iron, vitamins, water and salt. These things are not meant to be used in excess yet people still do. People use toxins for all kinds of things and if use correctly there should not be any issue. It is when you are not aware of the products and there uses.
There are many products that you can use to avoid fluoride if you so choice. It all comes down to reading and making the right choice for you.