I really want braces, but my mom says I do not need them however she is willing to considering it, what can I say to her to make her say yes?
Since you are stating that your mom is willing to consider the possibility of you having the braces and not that you are just trying to have them regardless. Here is my suggestions.
1) Do your home work on having braces. Show her how much you want them by knowing about them. Just do not say you want them but have no clue about the different types of braces that you can have. The more you know about what you what and why the better. You can do this by talking to your dentist and going on line and reading.
2) Find out if your mom has dental insurance for you to get braces. This is important some dental insurance will not cover braces or they will only cover metal braces for children up to a certain age.
3) If she does not have insurance that will cover for braces. Find a dental insurance plan she can get like a HMO or Dental Discount plan they are low in cost but will still help safe money on the braces.
4) If you can, help her pay for them… You can do this by getting a part time job. If you are too young or your mom would prefer that you did not work a part time job, then see if you can do odd jobs around the house for her. Number 3 & 4 will show your mom that you do not just think that they are made of money and that you realize that.
5) If by chance all of this does not work out for you and she still says no. Try to be understanding. She has her reasons. Although you may not like it by showing her that you can accept no as an answer, maybe with time she just may change her mind since you acted like an adult about the issue.
6) You will not stay a minor forever. There will be a time that you yourself will be able to get your braces if you have to. [starrating template_id=4]